Friday 13 November 2009

Daytime TV - The Reason You Need A Job!

I haven’t blogged for a while so its about time I did. What have I done since the last blog? Well, not a lot. There are 2 reasons for this. Firstly, I have been off work with suspected swine flu and have been in bed for a week doing nothing much except feel ill. The second reason? Daytime TV. Yeah that’s right. Daytime TV is so bad it has numbed my brain.


All the programmes (which aren’t repeats!) involve one of the following three elements: Houses, antiques (or, more often than not, peoples worthless crap) and discussions (or in the case of loose women, pointless chat.) Even the TV channel Dave which shows some good programmes, ie Top Gear, Traffic cops and Fifth gear. However, these programmes are run on a three hour loop, so if you miss a programme at 10am and again on the Dave Ja Vue channel at 11am, you can watch it at either 1pm, 2pm, 4pm or 5pm. So over the course of 1 day, you can watch a repeat from bbc no less than 6 times! Mind you having your brain numbed so much by daytime TV, you might need to see it 6 times just for it to eventually soak in!



Missed your favorite Episode of Top Gear? Don't worry, you can watch it 6 times a day on Dave!


The adverts aren’t much better either! They consist of either life insurance for the over 50’s or finance companies trying to sell you loans. Is it any wonder that the unemployed or people on benefits are struggling to get jobs. I recon they have lost the will to live and cant remember how to do anything! Mind you, if the job centre had any jobs for estate agents or antiques dealers they could be inundated with applicants! Surely daytime TV is the best reason anyone needs to get a job!

So I’ve been whiling my time away by watching films and Simpsons box sets fuelling my (according to my girlfriend) annoying knowledge of the famous cartoon family. I seem to have watched all my DVD’s and even borrowed some from other people to watch. Anything to avoid that annoying orange faced idiot David Dickinson and those frustrating women on that terrible chat show. But something that keeps them off the road in their excessively large 4x4’s which they can’t drive properly is a good thing I suppose.

So there you have it. I’ve done nothing all week. Oh, there was something I remember doing. I took out a loan from some finance company I saw advertising on TV, bought a house from auction, decorated it, filled it with second hand junk and sold it for a £35,000 profit. All thanks to my new found knowledge. Maybe daytime TV isn’t so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment